Friday, August 21, 2009

Thing 20

Q & A on Podcasting...
#1- Do you think your students would enjoy listening to podcasts? I think students would like to listen to podcasts if they were short and to the point of discussion. Our kids are growing up in a very technological world and any other avenue or chance to use their iPods, computers and such would be beneficial, even if it is for an eductional purpose -- hehe.

#2- Do you think your students would enjoy CREATING podcasts?
A Definitive yes! At the high school age kids love to hear themselves talk, right? Agian, they get to use technology, not the ancient tool we scribe with---the PENCIL! They may be embarrassed at first, but once they get the hang of and know they can easily change any corrections, I think they would love this kind of activity for most subjects, especially science and english. Part of learning is listening, they could use podcasts to read off their vocabulary, short stories, any content and listen to over and again for better understanding.

#3- What podcasts have you discovered that are of benefit to you personally or professionally?
Podcats are a challenge for me. Personally, if it is not music, then I lose interest quickly, unless it is short and to the point of interest. I listen to Nancy Grace (off the iTunes)-she is quick and to the "nasty" point of her topics! Professionally, I have been looking for and listening to things related to science of course, and our preacher has podcasts out, but again...I like to look at stuff, see what it is I am learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment