Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thing 21

Videos are a great tool to use in the classroom when I can find the time to fit them in. I use them as an extension to the topic being discussed. I have used our school library for videos to show in class and they are "limited" in physics vidoes. My kids loved watching Julius Sumner Miller, he is an eccentric and brilliant physics teacher who demonstrates many of the lessons we talk about.

I had never used YouTube videos, but since 23 Things, I have found many avenues in finding cool stuff! You tube is blocked in our school so zamzar, vixy and the others is great to know about. Viedos are are a great tool to use as an extension of a lesson however, some teachers may rely heavily on videos alone. And unfortunately, as most of us have heard some misuse videos, or may use "not so educational" videos in the classroom.

Video #1 - Michael Jackson's Billie Jean - I loved MJ's music from the "old days". He is historic for his glide and slide, the moonwalk, dancing was never so much fun as it was back in the 80's. Whew, I miss the 80's - the music, the hair and the laid back way of life.




Video #2 - Earthworm Dissection - What every biology student has to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment